Tuesday, July 30, 2013


Today I went on the bus and got to pick up the kids.  We were driving there, and I was talking to a Navajo woman that was driving the bus. I felt very blessed to have running water and electricity all of the time.  While I was picking up the kids they all had a huge smile on their face when we drove up to their houses.  They were all so excited for vacation bible school to start!  When we arrived at the church we got the kids all signed in and vacation bible school started.

                During vacation bible school I helped with the seven through nine year olds.  We had games, bible lesson, craft, and then singing.  Then we ate grilled cheese sandwiches, apple sauce, and chips with all of the kids.  We also played on the playground with the kids after lunch until they left.  Then we set up for vacation bible school for the next day and I played sequence with Kortney and her mom and then the Navajo women came and sold jewelry to us. We ate Navajo tacos for dinner and Navajo tea and then I helped with clean up.

 

Christina Anderson, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment