Monday, July 29, 2013


Riding on the bus today was amazing! At first we, obviously, got into the bus and headed our way over to pick up the kids. The first stop was “okay”. The kids are very shy once they see a new stranger. At first I was shy also. I didn’t want to talk or even look at the kids because I wasn’t sure if I was comfortable to communicate. But as we started to head to the second stop, I opened up a bit and gave a slight smile at the kids. After I gave them a smile, they started to smile back.

You would think that we would just be picking up kids. But at one stop a father and his kids got on. When I looked at the father I was confused because you don’t expect grownups to come onto the buses. Then at the last stop a grandmother came on. No kids, just her. That’s what amazed me the most.

Seeing the houses and what they had around the house was also very cool. The animals were the cutest things ever. We saw Chihuahuas, Chow Chow mix, maybe a Boxer, and also a black pig. The kids got silly and asked if they could bring the pig onto the bus.

On the way back to the mission I mostly just stared at the view from the window. The red hills, the houses, the cows, the horses, everything became a fantasy.

  Juliana(Jay Jay), 13

No comments:

Post a Comment