Monday, July 29, 2013


It is our third full day here up in Rock point, and it has been quite the adventure so far.  Since this is my first year going on the Navajo Mission trip, I wasn’t sure what to expect.  So when we came up here I just wanted to make sure I had an open mind and an open heart, to allow God use me for whatever purpose he sees fit.  As part of the work crew I have been helping a great group of guys build a ramada on the site.  Already, some major progress can be seen.  After a bunch of drilling and nailing we were able to lift of parts of the ramada today and it looks awesome!  I was really impressed to see how much progress has been made in such a short time.  Today I also had the pleasure of serving lunch to all the kids and adults who came here for the Vacation Bible School that we’re running.  This is when I experienced what we’ve been calling up here a “God moment.”  Though I was on the work crew in the morning and was not able to see all the people who came up here, I got to see every single face by serving them food.  (Side note: BIG shout-out to the cooking crew, they have prepared some amazing food and done a lot of great work!)  I was shocked to see the amount of them, as plate after plate was passed out.  It was a great feeling realizing that all of them came here with a different background, a different culture, a different way of life, but we are all here to learn more about God and spread his word.  I love that everyone here is working together for one ultimate purpose and willing to do what comes our way.  So many great moments have happened already, so many great friends have been made, and we still are only about halfway.  I can’t wait to see what more God has in store for us!

-Alex LoRusso, 16

No comments:

Post a Comment