Wednesday, July 31, 2013


This week has been such a blessing with the Navajo people. There have been endless opportunities to experience God’s love and power, surely his will is being done here. We started the week out with a bonding trip to Canyon de Chelly, which was a beautiful sight. On our way out of the canyon we stopped at a Navajo woman’s home where she prepared us all fry bread. The woman had a very young Daughter, no older than 5, whom sat down with me and had asked me to help her weave part of her mother’s rug. Words do not do justice to how much love I felt in that moment. On Monday night I even got to experience the sweat lodge just as the natives did. Additionally I have been a part of the work crew over the past week and I am very pleased to say that we have been making incredible progress on the armada. At the beginning of the week we had arrived to nothing more than a concrete slab. Now there is a full structure built and we are very near completion. The goal is that we will be able to eat lunch under the armada today, a goal that we are so close to accomplishing! I have done various jobs on the sight ranging from sawing excess length from metal bolts to nailing in pieces of the roof all while getting to know the men on the trip much better than I could any other way. Last night while I was on top of the structure I looked around and I could see for miles. Despite the poverty that is here, the view of the land was breathtaking. The sun was setting in the west casting a gorgeous orange hue through the sky. God’s beauty is so evident here. There have been countless “God moments” on this trip in every facet of my participation.  I have reaped boundless rewards experiencing God’s love here and I will remember it always.

Miles Jones
19

No comments:

Post a Comment