Tuesday, July 30, 2013


Greetings from Rock Point!  What a wonderful and inspiring trip this has been so far!  I am honored to be here serving the Navajo people, who have been so warm and kind.  I am helping with the Adult Ministry group – yesterday we had 17 ladies (and 1 man) show up and today there were 22 ladies! Each day we begin with a Scripture reading and a prayer, followed by crafts, snacking, and chatting.  It may not sound so inspirational, but I know the Holy Spirit is with us in our room.  There are two special ladies that I have grown very fond of: Antuane and Laprensa.  They are both in their mid-20’s and they met in school in Special Ed class.  I call them my “giggle sisters” because they make jokes and laugh the entire time we are working together. J  I cannot fully express to you how much joy I have received working with these two precious, lovely children of God.  I have learned much from these young ladies:  living in the moment, appreciation for small acts of kindness, how good a big hug feels, having fun, and how important it is to just sit and talk to each other.  I am truly grateful and humbled by my experience on the Navajo Lutheran Mission campus and look forward to future trips.  In Christ’s love,

Drue Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment